Auction Auction Pensions
Published on : December 21, 2020 15:04
Edward Mellor Business Facts & Stats for December
We love facts, figures, and stats for our business and over the last month, we have found a lot that we think will be of interest to you.
Keep in touch with our social channels and you be able to see the below post across Facebook and Twitter in the lead up to Christmas Eve.
Visit Edward Mellor FaceBook
Vist Edward Mellor Twitter
- Dreaming of a white Christmas – There has been a 44% increase in UK house prices since the last white Christmas.
- Thinking about moving home? The festive season is the new ‘seasonal peak’ as Zoopla anticipates an 80% growth in applicant and valuation leads.
- Did you know? Record high sales agreed post-lockdown has led to 50% more homes progressing through the system than this time last year; Zoopla estimates a total of 418,000 sales worth £112bn.
- Did you know? Homeowners in Scotland paint their front doors red when they’ve paid off their mortgage. So if you’re ever in Edinburgh and you see someone with a fire-engine-red door, congratulate them!
- Santa Stop here …. 147,000 new homes means more stops for Santa this year.
- Predictions are that by 2036 the average house price in the UK could be £800,000.
- In October 2020: 97,532 mortgages were approved, an annual increase of 51.1%.
- The value of the British housing market stands at £7.93 trillion.
- 72.4% of the population of Stockport own their own home with 10.6% live in private rented accommodation.
- Gift Giving rent receiving – Average UK Spend on Christmas gifts is almost two weeks rent.
- Santa visits 822 homes a second to deliver all the world’s presents on Christmas Eve, travelling at 650 miles a second.
- Did you know? In Manchester, the average rental charge for a flat is £834 and the average age is 29.
Source: Dataloft, Ministry of Housing Communities and local government, Zoopla, Growthfunders