Book a FREE Valuation > Branches Contact Us

Protecting your Home

First Time Buyer MortgagesIf your property gets damaged, could you afford the repairs?

Did you know that before you can exchange contracts on your new home, it’s a legal requirement to have a Buildings Insurance policy in place?

Buildings Insurance is essential to protect your home in the event of damage – such as from fire, flooding, vandalism or other unforeseen circumstances.

While this covers the structure and the fixtures and fittings within your property, taking out Contents Insurance will give you peace of mind should your possessions fall victim to damage or theft.

Edward Mellor’s 5-star rated insurance gives you a free quote tailored to your specific requirements in minutes. By opting for Home Insurance (Buildings and Contents combined), you can get big discounts as opposed to buying each policy individually.

Every property and homeowner is different, so it’s important to get the right insurance policy. For your free quote, please complete and submit the online form or call us on 0161 443 4830.

Buildings Insurance key features:

  • Alternative accommodation for your family and pets should your home become uninhabitable
  • Lost or stolen keys replaced and locks changed if required
  • 24 Hour Helpline to assist with emergencies
  • Up to £2,500 for tracing and accessing leaking water or oil
  • Up to £2,000 for loss or damage to plants, shrubs and trees

Contents Insurance key features:

  • Several levels of cover up to £50,000
  • Choose the excess and payment options to fit your needs
  • Cover business equipment if you or your family work from home
  • Items such as mobile phones and tablets can be covered away from the premises
  • Electronic downloads (ie. music or videos) up to £2,000
  • Cover automatically increases by £2,500 for weddings, civil ceremonies, and during months of family birthdays
  • Up to £2,500 of cover for theft of contents from your outbuildings
  • Children at university living away from home can now also be covered under your contents policy

Optional Extras:

  • Increase Buildings cover to £600,000, Contents to £75,000
  • Individual cover for high value items
  • Accidental Damage and Personal Possessions cover
  • Home Emergency cover
  • Legal Expenses cover
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap