Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Edward Mellor Limited
Deposit: Usually equivalent to one month’s rent but may be more in some circumstances, such as where a pet is permitted, but no more than the equivalent of five weeks rent.
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
- Payment of £50 if you want to change the tenancy agreement
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% plus the Bank of England base interest rate
- Payment for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
- Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Edward Mellor Limited is a member of Propertymark, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme.